Are you worried about the cleanliness of your commercial kitchen equipment and seeking a solution? Well! You are at the right place. There is a well-known saying, “Cleanliness is the half of faith”. Whether you run a restaurant or corporate kitchen, cleanliness is key.
According to a disease control center, more than 50% of food-borne outbreaks may spread from restaurants. A clean kitchen may help you greatly reduce the spread of airborne illnesses.
Along with the regular equipment maintenance, many other areas of your kitchen need a thorough cleaning daily, weekly, and monthly. But before starting, you may need some help. Here we are! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the easy tips and solutions for you to clean a commercial kitchen.
How to Clean Your Commercial Kitchen?
We will guide you step by step from start to end so you can easily clean your commercial kitchen Dubai and equipment.
1- Clean the Countertops and Hard Surfaces
Countertops and hard surfaces are nurseries for the growth of bacteria. Both places are used continuously for food preparation, so they must be cleaned twice daily. Remove all the items and storage, and wipe them down with a soft piece of cloth and disinfectant spray.
Ensure that you spray about 8 to 12 inches from the surface and let it air dry before using it again. However, in some cases, you might have to do some extra steps. For instance, while removing dried food and beverage spills, it is better to use a soft brush and hot soapy water to clean the countertop. Moreover, when cleaning the tile surface, use tile-based disinfectants that can easily remove bacteria.
2- Clean Commercial Equipment and Appliances
Cleaning and maintaining commercial kitchen equipment is one of the most important steps. Do not forget to wipe down all your major appliances and small ones such as microwaves, coffee makers, and toasters. Also, deep cleaning is recommended weekly and monthly to ensure your appliances stay in peak condition.
Here we enlist a commercial kitchen equipment cleaning checklist that includes:
- Ovens and Ranges: Thoroughly wipe down the racks, walls, and the door as a part of your weekly oven and range maintenance.
- Burners, Flattop, and Cooktops: Scour down these parts and surfaces using warm soapy water or disinfectant spray.
- Fryers: Boil out the fryer once or twice a week.
- Grills and Grates: Brush off ash and grime from your grates after use. Sometimes, you may have to soak them in warm soapy water to clean up grease. Do not forget to empty the areas underneath the burner or grills.
- Refrigeration Units: After a few months, scrub the condenser coil with a stiff bristle brush and vacuum to remove all the dust and grime. Regularly empty and clean the drain pans and tube when you have to avoid sludge buildup.
3- Clean the Exhaust Hoods and Vents
Dirty exhaust hoods and vents with too much grease and grime may limit the airflow in your kitchen space. Wash them every few months, especially if you use a deep fryer daily.
Never neglect the filters while washing the exhaust vents and hoods, and use the instructions given in the service manual of your unit. If you notice any damage or impairment on the filters like tears and rips, replace them instantly.
4- Clean Kitchen Floors, Walls, and Ceiling
Grease and food particles make their way onto the floor, walls, and ceiling over time. You have to clean the floor daily, while the walls and ceiling must be cleaned weekly or monthly. Here is how you can clean this area:
- Floors: Food and several spills make your floor dirty and add to the mess. Every time, give it a deep cleaning when your work is done. You can start by vacuuming or sweeping the floor to remove dust and hard dirt particles. After it, mop up the floor with vinegar and hot water. You can also use a machine, but a mop is still the best choice as it allows you to access hard-to-reach areas easily.
- Walls and Ceilings: You must wipe off the occasional splatters, but make sure to scour the walls and ceilings down deeply weekly or monthly. Airborne steam and grease leave defects and become a source of foul odors. With the help of an appropriate cleaning solution, use a soft bristle brush to clean off the buildup.
5- Clean the Sinks
Sinks are regularly used to clean dishes, utensils, and ingredients. It means that this area should always be spotless. Wipe up the sink and backsplash with the help of disinfectant spray.
Moreover, commercial kitchens use a lot of oil and grease, so they can clog the pipes and drains with time. So, you must clear them every couple of months with a special degreaser. It will not only keep the drains clean but also aids in improving downstream water quality, See Also:- Bond Cleaning Perth
6- Clean the Storage Areas
After six months, do a deep cleaning of all your storage areas. It may include everything from the racks and shelving units to cabinets and pantries. You must remove all the items from the storage solution and clean off dust or any other loose debris using a vacuum attachment or microfiber cloth.
After that, scour down any grease, stains, or grimes from the surfaces using a soft bristle brush and cleaner. A cleaning solution of hot water with vinegar or soap may help you greatly.
Maintaining a clean and organized commercial kitchen is not an easy task. You have to put in extra time and effort for this job as the kitchen is one of the busiest areas in a restaurant. It needs to be clean and disinfected all the time to avoid any kind of contamination or cross-contamination. So, these were some of the deep cleaning tips for your commercial kitchen. Moreover, if you are looking for commercial kitchen equipment near me, contact Marox now!